About England Handball
As the Sport England recognised NGB for England the aims are varied but ultimately provide the pathway from grassroots engagement to the elite performance structures.
- The past few years have seen the EHA grow in terms of governance and professionalism as well as in confidence and stature.
- Gaining an excellent track record of managing and delivering major community sport initiatives of national significance.
- It is from this work, and the accompanying partnerships that have been cemented, that the EHA is well placed to deliver the promise of the Whole Sport Plan between 2013 & 2017.
What is handball...?
Handball is all your general motor skills; running, jumping, throwing, catching.
- It’s water polo without water.
- Lacrosse without sticks.
- Football using your hands.
- Basketball with a 3-by-2-meter goal instead of a 10-foot-high hoop.
- The game moves fast, there’s lots of scoring and shots reach speeds in excess of 80mph.